Effective: October 01, 2009
Generally, you can visit the armacanada.org website without revealing any personal information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you. Personal information like your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address is obtained only when voluntarily submitted, such as when you respond to user surveys or register for programs or events. Information that you supply will relate to the customer relationship that ARMA has with you or your organization.
How We Use It
If you choose to provide personal information via the Internet that we request, we intend to let you know how that information will be used. ARMA Canada will use your personal information to fulfill registrations for programs and events.
In the process of administering our site, we maintain and track usage through web server logs. Web server logs provide such information as what types of browsers are accessing our site, what pages receive high traffic, and the times of day our servers experience significant load. We use this information to improve the content and navigation features of our site. It is not used to personally identify you.
How We Share It
We will not sell, rent, or lease to others telephone numbers or e-mail addresses. We will share the personal data you provide only with other ARMA entities and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above, except as provided below (see Consent).
ARMA Canada will use and share the personally identifiable information you provided to us in ways related to those described above. We reserve the right to disclose any and all pertinent customer information to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
Links to third-party websites from armacaada.org are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the ARMA Canada site. We do not assume responsibility for any of these sites, their content, or their privacy policies. ARMA Canadal does not endorse or make any representations about them or any information, products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the ARMA Canada site, you do so at your own risk.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using the armacanada.org website, you signify your assent to this Privacy Statement. If ARMA Canada updates or changes this Privacy Statement, the changes will be made on this page. Your continued use of this website following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement will mean you accept those changes.
How to Contact Us
Should you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please e-mail us.
Effective September 18, 2014
All expenses for the ARMA Canada Region Team and Chapter Leaders traveling on behalf of ARMA Canada will be reimbursed, provided the travel has been pre-approved by the Region Director and the expenses are incurred according to ARMA Canada’s policies, procedures and the applicable grant amount.
- Approved travelers should expend ARMA funds responsibly and with regard for the perception of members. Travelers should use good judgment and discretion when deciding to incur expenses.
- Travel is a controllable expense and therefore should be kept as low as possible.
- Falsification of travel expense forms or gross abuse of this policy by ARMA Canada volunteer leaders may result in disciplinary action in accordance with the ARMA Canada and ARMA International By-Laws. Restitution of all losses to ARMA will be required.
- ARMA Canada reserves the right to pursue civil or criminal law penalties when deemed necessary.
Travelers must utilize the lodging arrangements provided by ARMA Canada.
1. Meals and beverages will be reimbursed up to a total of $80CND per day. This amount is not to be seen as a per diem or a daily entitlement. Rather it is intended to set a reasonable guideline for assuring that Travelers are able to be reimbursed for meals appropriately during their travel. Certain travel markets may require a greater daily expense, but Travelers are urged to make every effort to stay within the daily limit.
2. Within the daily reimbursement limit, ARMA Canada will reimburse the cost of beverages that are consumed as incidental to a meal during the course of travel relating to official ARMA business. This applies to non-alcoholic beverages and one alcoholic beverage. Beverages consumed at a bar prior to or after a meal will not be reimbursed. The cost of food consumed should always exceed the cost of beverages consumed at the meal. The sole exception to this guideline is that non-alcoholic beverages consumed at an airport or on an aircraft at any time during travel may be reimbursed due to the changing regulations of air travel security. Such reimbursement will not count against the daily reimbursement limit.
3. In instances where meals are provided by ARMA Canada, or considered part of the hotel room rate, or otherwise not needed during travel, the daily maximum will be adjusted accordingly. The intent of this statement is to ensure that ARMA Canada is not paying for a meal in addition to a meal cost that has already been accounted for during a meeting or other event. For good reason, exceptions to this guideline will be considered.
4. Room service expenses are reimbursable, within the daily meal reimbursement limit. Travelers should use discretion in utilizing room service and carefully review the check that is presented. In many cases a gratuity is included in the charges and no additional gratuity needs to be added.