Information Access and Security Coordinator – Government of Northwest Territories
Closing Date: November 17, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Information Services and as part of the Application Services division within the Information Systems Shared Service, the position is housed within the Department of Finance but delivers services to the Departments of Lands, Environment and Natural Resources (ENR), Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI), and the Business Development and Investment Corporation (BDIC) with some clients from the GNWT, other government bodies, non-government organizations and the general public.
The Information Access and Security Coordinator provides advice and recommendations on the appropriate search methods for records requested through ATIPP requests or for legal actions. The position also performs records searches and performs an initial analysis and redaction of information according to the Access to Information Protection of Privacy Act (The Act). The position also provides advice to the Policy Divisions for the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (ENR), the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI) and the Department of Lands (Lands) on how best to proceed with retrieval of requested information and in drafting responses to applicants.
Records and Archive Analyst (Young Canada Works) – Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia
Closing Date: November 16, 2021
The Land Title & Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) is a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC’s land title and survey systems. These systems provide the foundation for all real property business and ownership in the province.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. The LTSA gives high priority to preserving the extensive collection of historic land title and survey records. Land records of various types dating from the earliest days of BC’s settlement to the present are in the LTSA’s care. The records exist in a range of formats, including historic records in original paper form, microfilm copies, and electronic records.
This is a temporary internship until the end of March, 2022. This position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. Candidates must meet Youth Canada Works Eligibility requirements. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Records Analyst, City of Surrey, Surrey, BC
Closing Date: Open until filled
This is specialized professional records and information management work. Reporting to the Records Manager the Records Analyst supports the corporate records program by participating in developing policies and procedures; providing direction and assistance to department on implementation and ongoing maintenance of corporate records management; documenting and leading corporate records projects.
- Develop, recommend and upon approval, establish and implement new and/or revised methods and procedures subject to records management best practices to improve efficiency.
- Provide training to staff on records and information management and mailroom policies and procedures.
- Contribute to developing training materials, conducts records management and mailroom employee training.
- Participate in paper and electronic projects e.g. (SharePoint, Digital Transformation etc) for records management and mailroom.
- The incumbent will require knowledge of records management systems, theories and practices; electronic information systems; and principles and techniques of retention and disposition scheduling.
- Develop project plans and documentation.
- Conduct appraisals and write reports.
- Work with other records staff to complete projects and performs other related work as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff and management, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
- Manage multiple tasks, setting objectives/goals, meet deadlines and re-prioritize work.
- Interview staff to understand their business needs and use of information customer service methods and techniques.
- Assign, supervise and review the work of records and mailroom employees.
- Performs related work as required.
For questions on posting job opportunities, recruitment or other career-related information, please submit using the form below (note: it may take up to 4 seconds for the form to submit, a confirmation will show below the box once sent). You will receive an email confirmation of your submission.