Records and Information Management Coordinator, Athabasca University — NEW
Closing Date: September 21, 2021
Reporting to the Director, Privacy, Policy and Records Management, the Records and Information Management Coordinator is responsible for leading a comprehensive records and information management (RIM) program for Athabasca University. This person serves as the key resource to provide advice, and recommendations with respect to Athabasca University’s RIM program.
Other responsibilities include the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures that will employ appropriate access and control, classification, retention, disposition and preservation to all information assets required by Athabasca University.
The incumbent will also observe legislative compliance, organizational values and strategic initiatives, and industry standards and best practices. This position will also provide RIM education and training to AU team members across all business areas and faculties. As well, the Coordinator will ensure that records and information are managed in accordance with applicable policies and programs to ensure accountability, mitigation of risks to the institution, and compliance with legal obligations.
Information Officer – RCMP Support Services, Surrey, BC
Closing Date: September 17, 2021
The City of Surrey’s RCMP Surrey Detachment is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, team player to fill the position of Information Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing front counter services at the Surrey RCMP detachment. This will include performing moderately complex and diversified administrative support work involving the provision of information and assistance in various capacities to the public and other police agencies. This position requires an individual possessing initiative and utilizing independent judgment. Under general supervision you will perform a variety of specialized clerical duties applicable to a police operations environment.
Records Analyst, City of Surrey, Surrey, BC
Closing Date: Open until filled
This is specialized professional records and information management work. Reporting to the Records Manager the Records Analyst supports the corporate records program by participating in developing policies and procedures; providing direction and assistance to department on implementation and ongoing maintenance of corporate records management; documenting and leading corporate records projects.
- Develop, recommend and upon approval, establish and implement new and/or revised methods and procedures subject to records management best practices to improve efficiency.
- Provide training to staff on records and information management and mailroom policies and procedures.
- Contribute to developing training materials, conducts records management and mailroom employee training.
- Participate in paper and electronic projects e.g. (SharePoint, Digital Transformation etc) for records management and mailroom.
- The incumbent will require knowledge of records management systems, theories and practices; electronic information systems; and principles and techniques of retention and disposition scheduling.
- Develop project plans and documentation.
- Conduct appraisals and write reports.
- Work with other records staff to complete projects and performs other related work as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff and management, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
- Manage multiple tasks, setting objectives/goals, meet deadlines and re-prioritize work.
- Interview staff to understand their business needs and use of information customer service methods and techniques.
- Assign, supervise and review the work of records and mailroom employees.
- Performs related work as required.
Archivist, City of Coquitlam, BC
Closing Date: August 15, 2021
We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and service-oriented Archivist to lead the City’s corporate and public archives program. Reporting to the Information, Privacy and Administrative Services Manager, this is a specialized position that involves professional archival of considerable complexity work requiring independence and self-motivation as well as an ability to balance numerous competing priorities. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for archives and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational abilities, and analysis and research skills.
Strong leadership and team building skills are essential as in this role you will oversee the work of two Archives and Records Officers. As the Archivist, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating existing operational policies and procedures and drafting any additional policies required to comply with applicable legislation and standards. Additionally, you will be expected to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, such as elected officials, City staff, and community organizations.
Records and Archive Analyst (Temporary) [LTSA], Victoria, BC
Closing Date: August 23, 2021
The Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA) is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Records and Archive Analyst to join our team on a temporary basis to work with historic records of the LTSA that may be of particular interest to Indigenous researchers and First Nations. It is expected that these records will assist First Nations and First Nation government entities as they seek to gain access to historic land information on their traditional territories and as they pursue land claim and economic development interests.
The LTSA is a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC’s land title and survey systems. These systems provide the foundation for all real property business and ownership in the province.
For questions on posting job opportunities, recruitment or other career-related information, please submit using the form below (note: it may take up to 4 seconds for the form to submit, a confirmation will show below the box once sent). You will receive an email confirmation of your submission.